Saturday, July 23, 2011

LMS Slam Book: LMS 1st Anniversary

Foreword

As we all know July 18, 2011 was the 1st anniversary of the Law Mountaineering Society. From the Super Six who began this hobby that has become more of a regularly basis ballooned to 24. What started to be a disappointing start transpired to six successful climbs in four mountains plus a splendid vacation in Pangasinan.

Traditionally, an anniversary special comprises of a series or collection of unforgettable moments or significant people. However, we only celebrate our first "birthday", so I decided to do a slam book style -like what you guys did during your youth- instead in commemorating our anniversary. (Facebook na lang kasi naabutan ko, hindi yung Slambook kaya sinubukan ko 'to.)


Favorite Line: There are so many quotes that were memorable but I would go with the remark of Dennis, "Wala ka ng mapagmamaliit sa amin, Julius, when he was answering the call of nature in Mt. Batulao. (But if I heard Alice's "Condensed" remark instead of compress while taking a group picture, I will go with that.)

Scary Moment/s: I have seen a Santelmo in Pico de Loro. Heard about Grace’s vision of a ghost following us on our way to Mt. Pulag. However, I would go to the close calls of Dennis and Hydee in Mt. Pico de Loro. Seeing what happened to them, scared a lot of shit of me than somebody threatened to shoot me at point blank range.

Favorite Mountain: Probably, Mt. Batulao, my first mountain that I hiked. I have been there three times. Nice people. Mt. Pulag would have been my second choice.

Unforgettable Climbing/Hiking Experience: (Unofficially) My solo climb in Mt. Samat. It was perfect for a history lover at a historical place on a historical date (April 9). It was my first time to go to Bataan. And so it was historical for me. Plus there was the little commotion I brought to the Presidential Security Group (PSG) staff at the top of the mountain. It was indeed unforgettable. (Officially) 10 people overcame "hypothermia" inside in a tent which is sheltered in a hut during a super cold and rainy night in the highest mountain in Luzon, i.e. Mt. Pulag.

Favorite Side-Trip Moment: It's hard to choose one. There's Mikay's ala Russian roulette in picking where to eat was fun but I would go to our side trip in Baguio City when we went to Mt. Pulag. My first visit there since the city was hurt by a strong earthquake in 1990. I will not forget my walk in Session Road and my pilgrimage to SM Baguio, where we ate our dinner in Tokyo Tokyo.

You would do anything for: A bottle of water. It sounds lame and stupid but during our freedom climb in Pico de Loro, we learned a valuable lesson, and water is indeed a necessity.

Favorite stranger that you met: I have three. No.3 The DENR head in Benguet. No. 2 Mamang Sorbetero in Mt. Batulao. My numero uno would be Uncle Stew. Of course he is no longer a stranger to us.

Favorite food: I would pick Vhince's sinigang in Mt. Pulag. Because of the unsupportive weather, he had difficulties of cooking the best ever Sinigang na Baboy. In the end of that day, I've had probably five servings of it. I did not mind the taste due to hunger.

If you have to change one thing what happened in your adventures, what would it be: Probably, I'll convert the two paper bags brought by You-Know-Who (Peace!) into a North Face Bag.

Favorite transportation: I guess nothing would beat the vehicle we boarded to Mt. Pulag. It was like riding a rollercoaster. Add to the fact that some woman is sitting at the top of the roof that carried tons of fish with her.

What mountain do you want to climb/conquer in the future: Mt. Everest. Still seeking the most magnificent view ever. I believe it is in there.

What are the things usually in your backpack: clothes, pair of slippers, and towel.

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning during an overnight hike: The Sun Rise

Storms: Cool or Crazy? Come to think of it, due to past experiences, Storms are incredibly cool.

Which Celebrity/Famous Person you would want to be with one of our adventures: No Brainer, Cristine Reyes. Do I need to explain why? If she's busy, I would go for Mark Zuckerburg because he frequently hikes and most importantly, he is a billionaire.
What is the first thing you do when you reach the summit: Pray.

Anything you would like to say about/to me: Thank you for giving me the chance to experience the beauty of Mother Nature. I get the chance to travel different places because of you. Furthermore, I had the chance to have so many friends through this endeavor.

How should I remember you: The guy who keeps on bragging este blogging everything that transpires in our adventures.

Who would you want the most to join in every trek: Myself because I am responsible to chronicle every events of the group. (Writer's Note: Pagbigyan ninyo na ako magbuhat ng sariling upuan)

Afterword

If you have time, I encourage you to write your own slam book about your experience in our group. I apologize for not participating in our anniversary climb. Nonetheless, I thank you allfor being part of our group. Hope for more memorable adventures to come for us. (Sana nga lang makumpleto tayo.)

July 18, 2010
Mt. Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas

Raffy Magno
Erwin Marasigan
Rowena Burmer
Christina Garcia
Dennis Evora
Phillip Rosario

Aug. 29-30, 2010
Mt. Pico de Loro, Ternate, Cavite

Raffy Magno
Erwin Marasigan
Rowena Burmer
Dennis Evora
Phillip Rosario
Hydee Castro
Aralia Abulencia
Megan Poyaoan
MC Lim
Sheena Cureg

Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2010
Mt. Pulag, Ambangeg, Benguet

Raffy Magno
Erwin Marasigan
Dennis Evora
Phillip Rosario
Hydee Castro
Aralia Abulencia
Eny Galasinao
Vhince Canares
Vina
Grace Abad

Feb. 20, 2011
Mt. Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas

Raffy Magno
Hydee Castro
Dennis Evora
Phillip Rosario

April 1-2, 2011
Mt. Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas

Raffy Magno
Hydee Castro
Dennis Evora
Phillip Rosario
Eny Galasinao
Rowena Burmer
Michelle Caligan
Julius Gili

April 21-24, 2011
Pangasinan

Raffy Magno
Hydee Castro
Dennis Evora
Phillip Rosario
Eny Galasinao
Rowena Burmer
Felix Reyes
Megan Poyaoan
Ken Arellano
Zandra

June 11-12, 2011
Mt. Pico de Loro, Ternate, Cavite

Raffy Magno
Hydee Castro
Dennis Evora
Phillip Rosario
Rowena Burmer
Felix Reyes
Vhince Canares
Mark

July 17, 2011
Mt. Maculot, Cuenca, Batangas

Raffy Magno
Hydee Castro
Dennis Evora
Rowena Burmer
Felix Reyes
Vhince Canares
Sheena Cureg
Julius Gili
Alice
Grace (office mate ni Hydee)
Ken Arellano
Zandra
MC Lim
Mark
Arnold Sumajit
Utol ni Raf
(Missing in Action si JLC) = AWOL

No comments:

Post a Comment