Monday, December 31, 2012

USAP Mountaineers go to Mt. Talamitam



July 8, 2012

Mt. Talamitam
Nasugbu, Batangas

As I have been involve in this endeavor for this year, I have joined various affiliations because of my passion on hiking. One of which is a club formed in our company. It was dubbed as USAP Mountaineers. The first official climb was in Mt. Talamitam in Nasugbu, Batangas.



More than 20 from almost all departments participated in this hike. One-fourth of which are first timers. Some are novices and some are veterans.

I was the first one to arrive at the jump-off point and a half an hour later the whole group had arrived. The ever controversial bro. Teddy designated two guides for us. Incidentally, one is a fellow Bicolano. He allowed me to left my bag in a house thus, I and Noli were the only ones who had no packs to carry. (we had another climb in the afternoon so we had heavy loads that day) However, it did not take long as one of our group suffered illness so Noli and I volunteered to carry his bag.


It was hot and sunny that day which made most of us soaked with sweat. The mountain was so open that we absorbed the heat of the sun. Fortunately, an ice cream vendor came so the group quenhed their thirst through cold ice creams.  There are two trails to the summit, one is a hard steep path while the other is a gradual but surrounded by tall grasses. While the rest chose the former, I and my kababayan guide picked the latter because it was easy. Hence, I arrived first at the summit and waited for almost an hour.


Even though the weather is not cool, our group spend the lunch at the summit. We spend there for an hour before we decided to descend the mountain. We all chose the trail I did earlier so presumably nobody did not endure difficulty on their descend. All in all, it was a success and so I thought. (Most of the first timers who joined us in this event did not ever had a second time)


No comments:

Post a Comment