Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 Flashback


Dear 2012,

For 366 days we have spent with each other, you witnessed a lot of things. Needless to say, I've been through a lot. Figuratively and literally, I have endured up and down struggles,yet, I able to survive all of this and able to move forward to your predecessor 2013. But before you leave, let me look back what happened in the last 12 months.

January

This was an off month in terms of extra-curricular probably due to the holiday break it kinda slowed me down. I declined two possible hikes due to work related concerns. The only getaway I did was attending a wedding in Antipolo.


February

Ah, the love month blossomed my love for the mountains as it was the start of my year in terms of hiking mountains. With a friend and 14 strangers, we embarked a journey to Mt. Cristobal in Dolores, Quezon.

Also, I engaged in a new sport, i.e. Futsal.

March

Two mountains conquered and a beautiful and lavish wedding in between. EMPE LIGHT mountaineers was born in Mt. Manalmon, San Miguel, Bulacan. Then attended my cousin's wedding in Fernwoods Garden, Quezon City. My first flight for the year in my home province in Albay.  Then the unforgettable Akiki-Amba Pulag ordeal to capped this unforgettable month.

April

This is where Mr. Long Weekend was born. A Kagitingan climb in Tagapo, Binangonan, Rizal then afterwards a birthday dinner for my Grandmother at Aristocrat's, Manila. Another wedding again this time in Alfonso, Cavite then the next day a hospital visit in Angeles, Pampanga. A week later was another trip to Bicol this time in Camarines Sur. Wakeboarding at CWC and an overnight stay in the Caramoan penninsula. It was not over as I had went to Laiya beach to take a dip and hike Mt. Daguldol that almost claim my life.

May


A twin day hike in Talamitam and Batulao a day after Mother's Day was the only highlight for this month as I was kind of short in budget concern due to a lot of activities the previous month.

June

A cancelled trip to Bacolod was slightly forgotten due to a back to back climbs in Tarak Ridge and Gulugod Baboy. USAP Mountaineers was officially formed. Spend my birthday via a Binondo Food Walk in Chinatown. Furthermore, I had a long awaited return to Enchanted Kingdom.

July

First day of that month was dedicated to Maculot. The following week was another Talamitam-Batulao hike this time an overnight at the latter and drinking ice cold beer at the top was the memorable part. Then another Twin Dayhike at Manalmon and Gola in Bulacan as part of 2nd Anniversary of Law Mountaineering Society (LMS). A medical condition called Bell's Palsy prevented me to climb mountains for almost a month.

August

Habagat came and flooded most of the metropolis as well my dreams in hiking Mayon. Eventually, I able to quickly salvage an alternate climb in Mt. Manabu, Sto. Tomas, Batangas.

September

Conquered Pico de Loro again but with another traumatic story as our dayhike ended at night without any headlights so we got lost in the trail. Then to the Cordillera this time at Mt. Amuyao. Another long trek but rewarded at the end with a beautiful sea of clouds scenery. A comeback to Manalmon. This time the trail was muddy and I had slides a couple of times.

October

EMPE LIGHT's goes to Maculot. A weekday vacation at Boracay. Then a return to Batulao for the nth time. Went to Albay for a long needed vacation.

November

Survive an epic 321 luzon saga. Vowed to never set foot again the Tawangan trail of Mt. Pulag. Finally got a well deserve sea of cloud moment. Returned to Pulag, this time for a relaxed Amba-Amba climb.

December

Twin dayhike at Maculot-Manabu and lost my cellphone just before the climb. Hike Arayat with my new Salomon shoes and almost got my ankle twisted. Ended the year at Albay but just viewed Mayon as backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment